I am a woman



I’m tired of the symbols
 that were stamped on my head
The moment  air flowed through my chest
I'm sick of the comments my life has to endure
Just because I'm a woman and considered nothing more
I’ve been judged for my appearance
And choice of friends
I’ve been labelled like an object
A tool in shed
But enough is enough
For I am not a cog
I will succeedI wont retire
Punch by punch I will show them my fire
My passion, my energy, what I’ve got to give
For I am not object
Of any mans will.
They thought me weak
But they thought wrong
For I will rise
 I will survive
Through the darkness and tyranny of times
Through the turmoil
and through their lies
I am a woman and I was born to LIVE
Not to be a sacrifice .
I wasn’t meant for the kitchen
I was meant to be loved ,
To be cherished
To be accepted
To be seen as an equal
Not to be flattened
To be trampled
To be disrespected .
Enough is enough.
I am a woman
And I will be proud
For I carry a woman’s burdens
Whilst still smiling in the crowds.
So ladies be empowered
Men show some respect
We are your equals
Not objects of sex.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fate:

run away with me?