She slept in his shadow, waiting for the day he’d take pride
in holding her embrace. She had evoked foreign feelings in him, that left him
longing for more- yet iron reins bridled his affections and held him back from
acting out . Swerved, by end less tales and remarks, woven by the simple and
the loud about his lover, he was constrained,- he was hesitant . He was ashamed, he was
afraid, of the stains her past would make on his clean, white slate. “do you
think they’d be disappointed in me when they find out about you and I,” he had asked
her one day- she smiled to herself humbly- never feeling as worth less as she felt now. She
hummed to her ailing spirits, tracing the open wound he had inflicted upon her,
with tender fingers. Stroking the ache gently, she began accepting the sullied
face and conclusion of herself everyone
else saw. Maybe she wasn’t who she thought she was. Maybe the jagged remarks
they made were her truth. Obviously – even he couldn’t see past it , so it had
to be the truth. Wincing at the mirror , she felt her chest explode into a million
fragments , expanding in slow motion , magnified was its sensation. They’d
always be disappointed in her and that’s something that was for sure.
Fate:
I've let things go, Usually to spare them from myself. Like the wave retreating back from the shore, I've let things go despite wanting to stay. I've learned to unplug myself, as painful as it can be, like a limb being torn away from a wounded body . I've learnt to hide my pain and disappointment, And I've labelled it 'Fate'. So every time I broke away from someone dear to me, I said to myself it was 'Fate', that spared my loved one from me. I've heard my mouth speak the words "I'm happy for you" with a painted smile across my face ; half smiling , half laughing- laughing at my 'Fate ' .

Comments
Post a Comment