W and I have been together for 2 years and a few days. I am 22. W is trying to become a surgeon. W is extremely hard working and wants to be the best surgeon. W will do everything he can to be the best surgeon. It’s inspiring. W can’t prioritise anything but his career.
The one thing I asked W is time. Time to spend, to share, to be in each other’s company. W doesn’t have time to spare.
W has money worries. He constantly worries about money. He works two jobs. One on weekends as a tutor. And one casually at an examination hall as a facilitator. His parents pay his tuition. But he pays rent and meals.
I never asked W for anything monetary. It doesn’t mean I don’t like shiny things, it just means for him I was willing to marry him with paper rings.
Hah. T-swift reference.
Dry humour.
I saw I was* instead of I am* because - I am not sure of him and I anymore.
W is more conservative than I am. He hasn’t introduced me to his housemates (the halal crowd)
He says it’s because in that clique it’s unacceptable to introduce someone who you aren’t engaged to or married to.
Sometimes I wish I hadn’t met W.
Things would’ve been easier.
I think I would’ve cried less.
But God knows best.
Comments
Post a Comment