i love lemons


an eclipse consumed my body,
when I nearly succumbed to silent suffocation
God brought me light in your form
two questions puzzled my mind
Was I dying... or only just coming alive?

I love you
because you taught me
- you, don't complete me,
I, complete me.

you taught me
I was strong enough
to stitch the gaping holes
torn through
my self-respect
my pride
my dignity
my happiness

you believed in my strength
you didn't need me to be your 'damsel in distress'
you loved me un-broken
-back to being my own s-h-e-ro

I love you because
sometimes, I'm too much
sometimes, I feel too little ;
because at times Tuesday's blue
is not the same blue to me, on Wednesday
and sometimes I let the demons eat my lemon meringue
- a substitute cause it takes time to learn how to perfect lemonade





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fate:

run away with me?