Nothing really matters
I had an epiphany today. As I was on my way to my driving trial I realised - nothing really matters. That exam you were worried about, the trip you were planning for months, that person you wanted to like you, that promotion that you thought you needed. Nothing truly matters if you think about it. If you really put life into perspective, the 'goals' we kill ourselves for are not set in stone. In fact, they're far from it. The 'goals' we seek so desperately, are the standards other people set for us. Man-made milestones in a world that is anything but man-made. We get so consumed by these 'milestones' we actually start believing we have complete control over the circumstances within our lives. I mean how arrogant and short-sighted is that frame of mind? Maybe, if we focused on today and did the best we could, we'd have a lot less heart-ache, a lot less stress, a lot less disappointment. Today, I went into my trial and with no attachments. Passing or failing wasn't a thought that seemed prominent in my mind. The race-horse nerves I had sown deep into my fibres, as far as my memory goes, did not make any appearance for the first time in a 20 year life-time of endless examinations. I just lived in those moments with no expectation. I passed.
Comments
Post a Comment