Lying in strange arms

I am constantly looking for myself
in everyday places,
within smiling, moon, faces
in warm embraces
and lingering, meaningless kisses

I am constantly searching
for pieces of myself
I've misplaced in the wars
that were meant
not to deteriorate
but re-decorate
my personality
with strength
and fortitude
and love.

but with the remodelling
came changes
changes under-estimated until
I craved the old
- the had beens.

Cravings so strong
I stared at them
forced reactions
from myself

And I tried .



I tried so hard
-looking at him
as though I was in love
with his deep blue
eyes, sinking dimples
dopey smile.

I felt my fingers caress his cheek
longingly,
slowly,
across his ragged evening shadow
I tried desperately
to feel,
soaking in 
his alcohol-induced warmth

I was searching for myself
I was pushing myself
to believe an elaborate illusion
-An illusion
of  me falling
head over heels
crazy and free
unreal fantasy
why?
because I want to remember
how falling feels again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fate:

run away with me?