I am frustrated.

I feel so helpless
They do not care,
We become so caught up in our own lives , 
-Why? 
because,
of what little I can do
Nothing I say
will ever be enough;
To actually make a change
And that frustrates me .

I am just a pawn 
forced to live in a world
manipulated by scheming politicians,
billionaire dons, fascist leaders,
 radical deviants each fuelled
by their own  agendas
Toward world domination,
They do not care
when a few of us bear the brunt
of their declarations
They simply see their own  'bigger picture'
where we; we are simply a statistic


And that frustrates me .

Because to be successful today;
You have to be hard-wired to see "the bigger picture"
You have to be able 'qualified'
to Exclude the minor details
The minor details; in this case include people;
people with lives ahead of them ,
family, ambitions, dreams, love .


 our own woes, our own mini petty, tragedies ,
we forget to place faces,
 on the number represented on the headlines;
 that read : "death toll - one hundred and fifteen".


We forget, that unlike us,
in a day or two,
 those families won't forget their dead loved ones
and resume life as usual
they won't wonder how to make their assignment deadline ,
they won't wonder how to make time for that extra hour of sleep ,
they won't wonder when the new iPhone will be released .
They simply, won't, wonder .

Because where is the space for wonderment
 in a life where tomorrow has no certainty ?
Where is the luxury of wonderment
 in an existence that is driven constantly by fear ?
How is it possible to believe in humanity
when death is forever in your pursuit ?
How?

Maybe after this rant , 

I'll go back to life as I know it ,
 because it's the easier thing to do;
To forget the moment
when it all became too much  to deal with:
Not being enough ;

-But
maybe after this rant,
I'll  remind myself everyday 
To be beyond just a statistic
Included in a disillusioned, de-sensitised, de-humanised audience


Maybe after today,
 I'll do my part as little as that maybe 
Because today ; 
I have to believe 
That it takes little cogs in a machine 
To make the dream a reality.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fate:

run away with me?